2016 Business Plan Competition
Congratulations to the 2016 winning teams!
- First place: ($25,000) Last Second Beach
- First place: ($25,000) Maidbot
- Third place: ($5,000) Chill
- Chill (Team Chill proposes to sell freshly made Italian Ice in a self-serve model with personal customization of flavors, mixes, and toppings): Hannah Basra SHA ’17, Joseph Bell SHA ’17, W. Spenser Cardenas SHA ’17, and David Luo SHA ’17. View presentation.
- IthaCave (Team IthaCave will create an urban wine destination that allows customers to walk among the tanks and barrels with the winemakers): Ruben Abramov MMH ’16 and Patrick Commane CALS ’17. View presentation.
- Last Second Beach (Team Last Second Beach is a mobile-first aggregation platform. Designed for value-driven consumers seeking to book short beach vacations like all-inclusive resorts and cruises, it also offers distributors a new, targeted, lower cost distribution channel): Owen Buehler ENG ’16, Zach Demuth MMH ’16, Harrison Goldstein ENG ’18, and Khalid Ladha MMH ’16. View presentation.
- Maidbot (Team Maidbot will offer hotels a robotic cleaner to assist room attendants in cleaning rooms and public spaces, saving money and improving safety and health of room attendants): Micah Green. View presentation.
- OVO (Team OVO will develop a luxurious, all-inclusive postnatal care center where mothers and their spouses can stay for up to three weeks to promote recovery and ease the transition to motherhood): Jaemo Chang MHA ’16, Grant Jardine SHA ’16, and Anderson Koh SHA ’17. View presentation.
Video: Cornell Hospitality Business Plan Competition 2016