2017 Business Plan Competition
Congratulations to the 2017 winning teams!
- First place: ($25,000) Natural Cuts
- Second place: ($7,500) Bill’s
- Third place: ($5,000) Doña Nata
- Bill’s (Team Bill’s offers a rotating selection of flavor-forward beer designed and driven by the customer): Will Mangan MMH '17 and Lydia Xu MMH '17. View presentation.
- CHOMP (Team CHOMP is a full service sandwich restaurant tailored for university cities): Ben Guzick MMH '17, Varun Vesuvala MMH '17 and Alex Szwyd MMH '17. View presentation.
- Doña Nata (Team Doña Nata is a food hall management service that offers an immersive experience in Mexican cuisine and spirits): Angela Lindsay SHA '17, Antonio Miceli MMH '17 and Natalia Ruiz MMH '17. View presentation.
- Latitude (Team Latitude will develop a geo-location based mobile application which allows tourists to discover the hidden gems of a city as well as connect with other tourists): Gauri Khanna SHA '17, and Sonali Tolani CALS-Dyson '17. View presentation.
Natural Cuts (Team Natural Cuts will provide shelf stable fresh cut produce to the food service sector): Vipul Prakash Saran CALS MPS '17 and Harrison Willis MPS RE '17. View presentation.
Cornell Hospitality Business Plan Competition Highlights Student Entrepreneurs
- Greg Dollarhyde '80, MBA '81
- Sandy Solmon, P '15
- Elizabeth Shingleton Glomsrud '00 and Barbara Foote Shingleton '75
- The Sun Family: Stanley '00 and his parents Dennis and Betty
- Karim Abouelnaga '13