2017 Business Plan Competition
Congratulations to the 2017 winning teams!
- First place: ($25,000) Natural Cuts
- Second place: ($7,500) Bill’s
- Third place: ($5,000) Doña Nata
- Bill's (Team Bill's offers a rotating selection of flavor-forward beer designed and driven by the customer): Will Mangan, MMH '17 and Lydia Xu, MMH '17. View presentation.
- CHOMP (Team CHOMP is a full service sandwich restaurant tailored for university cities): Ben Guzick, MMH '17, Varun Vesuvala, MMH '17, and Alex Szwyd, MMH '17. View presentation.
- Doña Nata (Team Doña Nata is a food hall management service that offers an immersive experience in Mexican cuisine and spirits): Angela Lindsay '17, Antonio Miceli, MMH '17, and Natalia Ruiz, MMH '17. View presentation.
- Latitude (Team Latitude will develop a geolocation-based mobile application that allows tourists to discover the hidden gems of a city as well as connecting with other tourists): Gauri Khanna '17 and Sonali Tolani '17 (Dyson). View presentation.
- Natural Cuts (Team Natural Cuts will provide shelf-stable, fresh-cut produce to the foodservice sector): Vipul Prakash Saran, MPS '17 (CALS) and Harrison Willis, MPS-RE '17. View presentation.
- Cornell Hospitality Business Plan Competition Highlights Student Entrepreneurs (March 28, 2017)
- Food preservation team wins hospitality business contest (March 22, 2017)
- Greg Dollarhyde '80, MBA '81
- Sandy Solmon, P '15
- Elizabeth Shingleton Glomsrud '00 and Barbara Foote Shingleton '75
- The Sun Family: Stanley '00 and his parents Dennis and Betty
- Karim Abouelnaga '13