2016 Business Plan Competition
Congratulations to the 2016 winning teams!
- First place: ($25,000) Last Second Beach
- First place: ($25,000) Maidbot
- Third place: ($5,000) Chill
Chill (Team Chill proposes to sell freshly made Italian Ice in a self-serve model with personal customization of flavors, mixes, and toppings): Hannah Basra SHA '17, Joseph Bell SHA '17, W. Spenser Cardenas SHA '17, and David Luo SHA '17. View presentation.
IthaCave (Team IthaCave will create an urban wine destination that allows customers to walk among the tanks and barrels with the winemakers): Ruben Abramov MMH '16 and Patrick Commane CALS '17. View presentation.
Last Second Beach (Team Last Second Beach is a mobile-first aggregation platform. Designed for value-driven consumers seeking to book short beach vacations like all-inclusive resorts and cruises, it also offers distributors a new, targeted, lower cost distribution channel): Owen Buehler ENG '16, Zach Demuth MMH '16, Harrison Goldstein ENG '18, and Khalid Ladha MMH '16. View presentation.
- Maidbot (Team Maidbot will offer hotels a robotic cleaner to assist room attendants in cleaning rooms and public spaces, saving money and improving safety and health of room attendants): Micah Green. View presentation.
- OVO (Team OVO will develop a luxurious, all-inclusive postnatal care center where mothers and their spouses can stay for up to three weeks to promote recovery and ease the transition to motherhood): Jaemo Chang MHA '16, Grant Jardine SHA '16, and Anderson Koh SHA '17. View presentation.
2016 Title Sponsor
Stephen Thomson '82
- Greg Dollarhyde '80, MBA '81
- Elizabeth Shingleton Glomsrud '00 and Barbara Foote Shingleton '75
- The Sun Family: Stanley '00 and his parents Dennis and Betty