2015 Business Plan Competition
Congratulations to the 2015 winning teams!
- First place ($15,000): Modern Market
- Second place ($5,000): BrewMe
- Third place ($2,500): RedHead Wine
- A Kneaded Hand (a non-profit training restaurant that will hire, train, and assist in job placement for young victims of food insecurity and unemployment): Dana Beninati, MMH ’15; Niharika Thakwani, MMH ’15. View presentation.
- BrewMe (social network- and location-based mobile app for buying someone a drink, either an existing friend or a potential new acquaintance): Tucker Iida ’16; Aigul Jumabayeva ’16; Lily Gao, MPS ’16. View presentation.
- Modern Market (network of direct-to-consumer commissaries offering a subscription service that delivers fresh prepared gourmet meal components): Christina Elliott, MMH ’15. View presentation.
- Oh Momma! Center (membership-based fitness, wellness, and community-space with services addressing both the needs and the schedules of working mothers): Maggie Lo, MMH ’15; Regine Desroches, MMH ’15; Ashton Liu, MMH ’15; Hirman Ahmad, MMH ’15. View presentation.
- RedHead Wine (red wine with non-traditional production methods resulting in reduced seasonal supply limitations): Zach Berle ’15; Gavin Hilder ’17; Marisa Sergi, CALS ’15; Elizabeth Shvidky, AEM ’16. View presentation.
- Video: What Is the Hospitality Business Plan Competition?
- Cornell - SHA: Cornell Student Entrepreneurs Vie in Hospitality Business Plan Competition
- Cornell Chronicle: Business plan competition raises top prize to $25,000
- Students' hospitality business plans honored (Cornell Chronicle)
Stephen Thomson '82
The Sun Family: Stanley '00 and his parents Dennis and Betty
Elizabeth Shingleton Glomsrud '00 and Barbara Foote Shingleton '75