2017 Retail Real Estate Case Competition
Student teams present at RECon during second annual retail case competition
The 2nd Annual Cornell ICSC International Retail Real Estate Case Competition took place in Las Vegas on May 22 at the Wynn Las Vegas during the International Council of Shopping Centers' (ICSC) RECon. The event, jointly hosted by the Center for Real Estate and Finance and ICSC, welcomed six teams competing for the top prize of $10,000. Congratulations to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania for taking home first place in the competition. Cornell University's team consisting of Michael Lee '18, Albert Lin '18, Larry Robinson '18, and Jessica Zhang '17 took second place. We are proud of all of the competing teams for their hard work and dedication. The time and effort that all students put into preparing for this competition was very apparent in the thoroughness of their analysis and the impressive presentations.
- Cornell University
- The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Connecticut
- University of Guelph
- University of Queensland
We appreciate the prestigious panel of judges who also contributed to making the competition a success.
- Ronald Altoon, President & Chief Executive Officer, Altoon Strategic
- Andrew, Brien, Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer, Suria KLCC
- Karen Case, Executive Managing Director, President of Commercial Real Estate, The PrivateBank
- Carl Goertemoeller, Chief Development Officer, Viking Partners
- Gordon "Skip" Greeby, President, The Greeby Companies, Inc.
- David Henry, Senior Advisor, Kimco Realty Corporation
- Liz Holland, Chief Executive Officer, Abbell Associates, LLC
- Rick Kuhle, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Vestar
- Ken Lamy, Founder, President, & Chief Executive Officer, The Lamy Group, DataPoint International
- Stephen Lebovitz, President & Chief Executive Officer, CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.
- James Matanky, Chief Executive Officer, Matanky Realty Group
- Jimmy Maurin, Founder & Past-Chairman, Stirling Properties
- Marty Mayer, President & Chief Executive Officer, Stirling Properties
- John Morrison, President & Chief Executive Officer, Choice Properties REIT
- Gary Rappaport, Chief Executive Officer, Rappaport
- Bev Ricks, Principal, Retail Property Solutions, LLC
- Duane Stiller '84, Founder & President, Woolbright Development, Inc
For additional information, contact Cristina Carter.