Cornell Retail Real Estate Roundtable Brought Together Faculty and Industry Leaders
The first Cornell retail roundtable, co-sponsored by the Cornell Center for Hospitality Research, held in New York City June 3rd, 2014, was well received. Chaired by Peng Liu, associate professor in real estate, the retail roundtable brought together industry leaders and faculty from various disciplines such as food and beverage, finance, marketing, and real estate. The roundtable discussions covered broad topics such as consumer’s behaviors, retail market trends/challenges, retail leasing, shopping center investment/financing, and big data in retail.
• Peter (Peng) Liu, Associate Professor, Real Estate, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Richard Baker, Governor and CEO, Hudson’s Bay Company
• Kelly Harman, Vice President, Organic Avenue
• Kenneth Bernstein, President and CEO, Acadia Realty Trust
• Steven Carvell, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Jose Chan, Vice President, Celect
• Jack Corgel, Robert Baker Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Robert Freedman, Chairman, Colliers International
• Evan Goldman, Vice President, Federal Realty Investment Trust
• Rob Grossman, Principal and COO, Deloitte Consulting LLP
• Tim Groves, Director, Citigroup Global Markets, Inc.
• Marc Halle, Managing Director, Prudential Real Estate Investors
• Eric Hertz, Senior Staff Vice President, International Council of Shopping Centers
• Mark Jenkins, Financial Officer, Pyramid Management Group
• Michael Johnson, Dean and E.M.Statler Professor, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Robert Karin, Partner, Davis & Gilbert LLP
• Tim Kelley, President, Pyramid Management Group
• Ben Lawrence, Assistant Professor, Food and Beverage Management, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Crocker Liu, Robert Beck Professor of Hospitality Financial Management, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Scott Onufrey, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Kimco Realty Corporation
• Michael Profenius, Senior Partner and Head of Business Development, Grove International Investors
• Daniel Quan, Professor and Director of the Center for Real Estate and Finance, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
• Alan Riffkin, Managing Director, Lazard Frères & Co. LLC
• Duane Stiller, President and CEO, Woolbright Development, Inc.
• Richard Warshauer, Senior Managing Director, Colliers International
• Rick Woroniecki, Vice President, Ackerman & Co.