With over 17 years of experience, Celeste R. Yeager maintains a vibrant labor and employment practice litigating and consulting on behalf of management regarding a variety of employment topics, including:
- Age, disability, and Title VII discrimination,
- Leaves of absence,
- Unfair competition,
- Health and safety, and
- Traditional labor and unfair labor practices.
Celeste is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in labor and employment and represents employers across the country in employment disputes before local, state, and federal administrative agencies and courts involving claims arising under:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act,
- The Americans with Disabilities Act,
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act,
- The Fair Labor Standards Act,
- The Family and Medical Leave Act,
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act,
- The Texas Labor Code, and
- Statutory and common law unfair competition and trade secret laws.
A skilled litigator, Celeste has successfully secured numerous defense verdicts in court for her clients, including:
- Former president of an oil and gas company claiming breach of his employment agreement;
- Workers compensation retaliation lawsuit at a waste management company;
- Race and gender discrimination lawsuit filed by multiple former employees at a convenience store; and
- Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower lawsuit filed against a securities investment firm.
Celeste has also prevailed on summary judgment for her clients in the following types of cases:
- Lawsuit alleging sex harassment, rape, and racketeering – harboring illegal aliens to depress the market wages for a hotel chain;
- Sex harassment and rape case at a retail company;
- Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower lawsuit for a restaurant and gaming complex; and
- Lawsuit alleging Family and Medical Leave Act violations at an electronics manufacturer.
Celeste routinely advises and consults with clients about human resource policies and procedures. She provides management training on various employment-related topics, including union avoidance. She also maintains an active traditional labor practice representing clients, both unionized and non-unionized, before the National Labor Relations Board.
Celeste is a graduate of the Leadership Arts Institute, a program of Business Council for the Arts.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Cornell Center for Innovative Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations, 2013
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section – State Bar of Texas
- Member, Attorneys Serving the Community
- Co-chair, VIP Reception and Silent Auction - Attorneys Serving the Community, 2011
- Director and president, Fine Arts Chamber Players, 2006-present
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- Named, Rising Star in Employment & Labor - Texas, Super Lawyers, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011-2013
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Baylor University, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit www.littler.com
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas