CHS Hotelie for Life Senior Prize
The Cornell Hotel Society (CHS) and CHS Foundation generously sponsor this special prize to graduating seniors in the School of Hotel Administration. One senior recipient will be selected to receive a $10,000 cash prize and will have the opportunity to address that year's graduating class at the Hotel School Commencement ceremony in May. Semi-finalists will also receive a monetary award.
Application Eligibility and Criteria
Application for this $10,000 award is limited to fourth-year undergraduate students in the School of Hotel Administration. The selection committee is interested in evidence of the applicant's contributions to the school, university, and/or community while at Cornell, as well as their determination and dedication as a student. Consideration also will be given to their potential future achievement as a CHS alumna/alumnus, as a member of the CHS, and in general as a contributing member of society. Financial need is not a criterion.
To apply, students must submit the following items:
- OrgSync (online) Application - Note: all attachments must be in PDF format.
- Letters of Recommendation - Two official/confidential letters of recommendation: one academic (faculty) and one employer.
- Resume including the names and phone numbers of at least two employment references.
- Official Cornell transcript - You may order these through the University registrar's office.
- Interview (finalists only) - If chosen by the committee, finalists will be required to attend an on-campus interview the afternoon of Friday, March 2.
Applications must be submitted via OrgSync by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, February 12, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
For questions, please contact the Office of Student Services in 180 Statler Hall.