Courses for Marketing Concentration
MMH students must complete a combination of 15 credit hours to satisfy the concentration requirements; 9 credits must be from marketing enrichment and 6 credits may be from either marketing enrichment or complementary skills. A GPA of 2.5 is required for this concentration.
Be sure to check the Course and Time Roster prior to each semester to confirm your desired course is being offered. The list below is just an estimate.
Note: Deviations from these requirements must be approved by the concentration advisor in writing.
Marketing Enrichment (minimum of 9 credits required)
- HADM 3430: Marketing Research (3 credits)
- HADM 4420: Understanding and Managing Hospitality Sales (3 credits)
- HADM 6450: Services Experience Management and Marketing (3 credits)
- HADM 6470: Consumer Behavior (3 credits)
- HADM 6480: Brand Management (3 credits)
- HADM 6490: Integrated Marketing Communications and New Media for Hospitality (3 credits)
Complementary Skills (6 credits from here or from Marketing Enrichment above)
- HADM 4415: Sustainable Business and Economics with Hospitality Applications (3 credits)
- HADM 6050: Yield Management (3 credits)
- HADM 6060: Restaurant Revenue Management (3 credits)
- HADM 6110: Negotiations in the Hospitality Industry (3 credits)
- HADM 6130: Entrepreneurial Management (3 credits)
- HADM 6144: Introductory Hospitality Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- HADM 6145: Strategic Business Plan Development (3 credits)
- HADM 6430: Wine Marketing (3 credits)
- HADM 6770: Advanced Business Modeling (3 credits)