Students must complete:
- 14 credit hours of SHA electives (must be taken for a letter grade unless course is only offered S/U and at the 3000 level or higher)
- 18 credit hours of distributive electives (that includes the First Year Writing Seminar).
- 24 credit hours in free electives
The following SHA courses only count toward free elective:
- HADM 1910 Distinguished Lectures in Hospitality Management
- HADM 2170 Hotel Leadership Development Program
- HADM 4930 and 4940 Management Intern Program
- HADM 4980 and 4990 Undergraduate Independent Study(students may petition for up to 6 credit hours to count toward SHA electives)
- HADM 4150 Managerial Leadership in the 21st Century
- HADM 3040 Club Management
- HADM 4910 Hotel Ezra Cornell (up to 3 credit hours may count toward SHA Electives the rest are free electives)
- HADM 4960 Hospitality Industry Practicum
- HADM 4970 Latin Honors Course (first semester)
- HADM 4971 Latin Honors Course (second semester; to be completed after HADM 4970)
- Broaden and strengthen the intellectual and analytical base of students' thinking
- Students are required to take a minimum of 18 distributive elective credits outside the school, with a minimum of 3 credits each to be taken in the humanities, the social sciences, and the math/natural or physical sciences areas
- A maximum of 6 credits total in distributive electives may be taken on an S-U basis and no more than 4 credits of S-U may be taken in any one term
- AP credits do not count toward distributive electives (exception is the First Year Writing Seminar)
- Web-based Cornell University courses do not count toward distributive electives--free only. NOTE: web-based courses must be taken summer or winter break, or during a semester when no other on-campus courses are being taken.
NOTE: LSC supplemental courses will appear on transcript, but will not count toward graduation credit.
See: Appendix 2 and Double Dipping