PhD Student, Marketing
537 Statler Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Research Areas: Online Reputation, Peer Effect in Online Social Media, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Service Recovery, Direct vs. OTA Booking, Customer Loyalty
Methods: Bayesian Estimation, Structural Model, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Text-mining, Network Analysis, Web Scraping
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Anderson, C. K. & Han, S. (2017). Living Without OTAs–Goodbye Columbus: Putting the Genie Back in the Bottle. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 59, 67–69.
- Lee, S., Colleen, M., Noah, W., & Han, S. (2016). Question Context Sensitivity of Subjective Well-Being Measures: Focus on Life Satisfaction, Self-Rated Health and Subjective Life Expectancy in Survey Instruments. Quality of Life Research, 25, 2497–2510.
Manuscripts Under Review
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (accepted with minor revision). Customer Motivation and Response Bias in Online Reviews. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly.
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (revision invited). The Effect of Post-survey Managerial Response on Customers’ Future Satisfaction and Review Posting Motivation. Journal of Service Research.
Published Conference Refereed Proceedings
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (2018). Estimating the Effect of Social Influence on Subsequent Reviews. Advances in Service Science., INFORMS-CSS 2018. Springer Proceedings in Business and Economics, 231-238.
- Anderson, C. K. & Han, S. (2018). Indexing hotel brand reputation. Cornell Hospitality Report, 18, 1-16.
- Anderson, C. K. & Han, S. (2018). Living without OTAsA summary of the performance impacts resulting from the OTA delisting of Columbus, Georgia. Cornell Hospitality Report, 18, 3-9.
- Anderson, C. K. & Han, S. (2017). The Billboard Effect: Still Alive and Well. Cornell Hospitality Report, 17, 3-10.
- Anderson, C. K. & Han, S. (2016). Hotel Performance Impact of Socially Engaging with Consumers. Cornell Hospitality Report, 16, 3-9.
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (2019, March). The Effect of Authentic Manger Responses On Future Engagement and Satisfaction. Invited Sessions, CHR Advisory Board Meetings, Ithaca, NY
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (2018, November). The Impact of Platform Accessibility on the Underreporting Bias. Invited Sessions, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (2018, November). Estimating the Effect of Social Influence on Subsequent Reviews. Invited Sessions, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ
- Han, S. & Anderson, C. K. (2018, June). Who Writes Review and How Does It Matter?. Invited Sessions, HSMAI Revenue Optimization Meeting, Houston, TX
Awards and Academic Honors
Statistics Thesis Competition 3rd Award, Statistics Korea, 2012. Thesis Subject: Comparing Four Global Market’s (America, Japan, China, Korea) Music Preference and Their Satisfaction on K-pop Using ISA Model, 2012
- Marketing Sciences Intern, Directions Research, Inc. Cincinnati, OH, 2014
- Clarinetist, Republic of Korea Navy Band, Jeju Island, Korea, 2008-2010
- MS, Michigan Program in Survey Methodology, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- BBA, Tourism Management, Kyung-Hee University, Seoul Korea