PhD Student, Marketing
455 Statler Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Service Operation, Service Marketing, Survey Methodology, Information Management, Natural Language Processing, Data Science, Online Reputation Management
- Anderson, C.K., and Han, S. "Hotel Performance Impact of Socially Engaging with Consumers." Cornell Hospitality Report,16(10), 3-9, 2016.
- Anderson, C.K., and Han, S. "The Billboard Effect: Still Alive and Well." Cornell Hospitality Report,17(11), 3-10, 2017.
- Lee, S., Colleen, M., Noah, W., Han, S. "Question Context Sensitivity of Subjective Well-Being Measures: Focus on Life Satisfaction, Self-Rated Health and Subjective Life Expectancy in Survey Instruments." Quality of Life Research, 25(10):2497-2510, 2016.
- Anderson, C.K., and Han, S. "Living Without OTAs - Goodbye Columbus: Putting the Jenie Back in the Bottle." Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 59(1):6769, 2017.
Yan, T., Keusch, F., Han, S., & He, L. (2013). Impact of Response Scale Direction on Survey Responses in Web and Mobile Web Surveys. Paper presented at the American Association of Public Opinion Research (AAPOR).
Yan, T., Keusch, F., Han, S., & He, L. (2013). Straight-Lining in Grid Questions. Paper presented at the American Association of Public Opinion Research (AAPOR).
- CHR Advisory Board Meetings, Ithaca, NY Mar 2018
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Houston, TX Oct 2017
- CHR Advisory Board Meetings, Ithaca, NY Apr 2017
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN Oct 2016
- HSMAI Revenue Optimization Meeting, New Orleans, LA Apr 2016
Paper in Preparation
Han, S. and Anderson, CK. "Estimating The Amount of Measurement Bias of Guest Satisfaction Survey Collected in Partnership With TripAdvisor."
Awards and Academic Honors
Statistics Thesis Competition 3rd Award, Statistics Korea, 2012. Graduate/Undergraduate Student Statistics Thesis Competition 3rd Award, Statistics Korea. Thesis Subject: Comparing Four Global Market’s (America, Japan, China, Korea) Music Preference and Their Satisfaction on K-pop Using ISA Model, 2012
- Marketing Sciences Intern, Directions Research, Inc. Cincinnati, OH, 2014
- Clarinetist, Republic of Korea Navy Band, Jeju Island, Korea, 2008-2010
- MS, Michigan Program in Survey Methodology, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- BBA, Tourism Management, Kyung-Hee University, Seoul Korea