By Amanda Hauptfleisch and Casey Chamberlain
Participants from around the world have found that the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration (SHA) delivers the most sophisticated executive education courses to the hospitality industry.
From line-level managers to senior executives, the Professional Development Program (PDP) at Cornell is certain to provide hospitality professionals with the lifelong learning opportunities necessary to advance business and personal success.
PDP is a series of three-day courses offered in the summer on the stunning Cornell University campus in Ithaca, New York (US). Certifications and courses are geared toward seasoned hospitality professionals who boast current experience in the hospitality industry or a related field. For those interested in maximizing their Cornell experience for business and personal success, Certifications are awarded for the successful completion of a series of PDP courses.
Year after year, PDP finds itself at the top of the hospitality industry’s best executive education programs list among its competition, and we know why.
Here are ten reasons why you should invest in a PDP Certification from Cornell University:
- Prepare yourself for greater on-the-job responsibilities: PDP-certified professionals are aware of the constantly changing environment around their profession and possess the needed tools to anticipate and respond to change.
- Establish professional credentials: Since it recognizes your individual accomplishments, PDP Certification stands above your resume, serving as an impartial, third-party endorsement of your knowledge and experience.
- Improve your opportunity for career advancement: A PDP Certification gives you the “edge” when being considered for a promotion or other career opportunities.
- Discover great networking opportunities: PDP attracts dedicated hospitality professionals from every corner of the world who can help you grow your list of connections as well as your knowledge base.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession: Receiving your PDP Certification showcases—to your peers, supervisors, and industry influencers—your commitment to the hospitality industry as well as your ability to perform to set standards. Certification sets you apart as a leader in your field.
- Enhance your profession’s image: The PDP program seeks to grow, promote, and develop certified professionals who can stand “out in front” as examples of excellence in the hospitality industry.
- Learn from world-class faculty: SHA has a world-renowned faculty, many of whom are at the very top of their field.
- Build self-confidence: With a PDP Certification, you define yourself beyond a job title while gaining a sense of personal satisfaction.
- Experience beautiful Ithaca, NY and Cornell University: When not gaining knowledge that will help position you at the top of your field, you can experience all that this beautiful city has to offer and understand why they say “Ithaca is Gorges.”
- IT’S FUN!