Student-Led. Student-Run. Student-Driven.
By getting involved with HEC, students from all majors develop leadership skills grounded in experiential learning. After first serving as a conference volunteer, students can expand their responsibilities each year by seeking management positions or even by joining the board of directors. Students plan and execute every aspect of the conference:
- Negotiating with vendors
- Developing recipes and menus
- Procuring all amenities and food
- Managing a budget of $100,000
- Creating all marketing materials
- Connecting with industry leaders and speakers
- Hiring and training student volunteers
- Finding and inviting conference attendees
- Collaborating with the Statler Hotel,
SHA administration, and the dean
In addition to their conference-related duties, the students behind HEC organize other events throughout the school year including the "Mocktail" function for new students, the Homecoming Tailgate, and the First-Year Parents' Weekend reception.
If you are interested in volunteering for this year's conference, for more information, please contact HEC.