HADM 3350: Restaurant Management
Fall, spring. 3 credits. Letter grades only.
Prerequisite: HADM 2360 and TIPS and ServSafe Manager certified. Students are responsible for the cost of TIPS (responsible alcohol service)-$40 and ServSafe Manager-$38 certifications, and their own clothing and tools per guidelines of the course. Enrollment limited to: SHA students. Because of group work for this course, students MAY NOT drop the course after their lab date during the first full week of the semester.
Limited to Hotel Students
Faculty teaching this course:
- Douglass Miller - Spring 2018
- Michael Kingra - Spring 2018
- Robert White - Fall 2017
- Jamie Bellamore - Fall 2017
- Douglass Miller - Fall 2017
- Christian Latimer - Fall 2017
- Heather Kolakowski - Fall 2017
- Beth Wilcox - Fall 2017
- Nicole de Ovin-Berenguer - Fall 2017
- Anthony Vesco - Fall 2017
- Michael Kingra - Fall 2017
Students synthesize foodservice concepts, business principles, and hospitality-management theories and apply them practically in an actual restaurant setting. The course covers issues and principles relevant to the restaurant industry, including market analysis, menu and service systems, and restaurant metrics. Students manage a restaurant open to the public and evaluate the process and outcomes.