HADM 1740: Business Computing
Fall, Spring. 3 credits. Letter grades only.
Co-meets with HADM 2740 in Spring.
Faculty teaching this course:
- Christina Homrighouse - Fall 2018
- Andrew Whitmore - Fall 2018
- Marie Ozanne Lebret - Fall 2018
- Mark McCarthy - Fall 2018
- Christina Homrighouse - Spring 2019
- Andrew Whitmore - Spring 2019
- Marie Ozanne Lebret - Spring 2019
Provides a foundation in information technology (IT) and how it relates to everyday business computing. Students learn IT concepts during lectures, and these concepts are reinforced in practical lab sessions using current standards of business computing. Topics include fundamental IT concepts; proficiency in Microsoft Office; understanding the issues of tool selection, standardization, and efficiency; integration of applications; and recognizing the importance of good computer management.