Implementing Brand Strategy Through Digital Media
Hospitality marketing is fast shifting from traditional media to digital forms (e.g., social media, video, website and search, plus mobile applications). New-media technologies have changed the ways consumers experience and value a product or service. So how can hospitality professionals draw on these technologies to enhance operations and provide distinct customer value? And how can they be sure their efforts in new media are producing tangible returns? In this course, participants will examine innovations and trends in new media, and ways to leverage them to their brand's advantage. They will consider how new media can improve your marketing efforts by managing customer expectations and enhancing the consumer experience, and discuss how to measure the success of those efforts. Participants will also determine what organizational considerations will allow them to better leverage the evolving impact of new media and plan the future structure and role of their organizations in this important area.
Explore this content through a mix of input from hospitality industry experts, hands-on practical activities, and the presentation of sound principles by Cornell faculty. Experience the content through the use of a fictional hotel case study with valuable feedback provided by your online instructor and peers.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for hospitality professionals who are involved in revenue-generating roles at the property or corporate level, and marketing and sales personnel with minimal experience in online and new media marketing. Please note you MUST complete SHA546 Marketing the Hospitality Brand through New Media Social, Mobile & Search before taking this course.
Participants who complete this course will be able to…
- Control and meet customer expectations
- Enhance customer value
- Enable real-time customer-service recovery measures
- Respond appropriately in service-recovery scenarios
- Evaluate financial and customer performance metrics
- Sustain organizational success amid technological change
- Organize your firm for long-term competitiveness
Module 1 - Delivering Value-Enhanced Service Experiences with New Media
- Administering Management Contracts
- Renegotiating Management Contracts
Module 2 - Evaluating Your Performance in New Media
- Tools for Evaluating Capital Expenditures
- Monitoring Expenses
Module 3 - Supporting Market Viability
- Overview of Benchmarking
- Benchmarking Revenues
- Benchmarking Expenses
- William Carroll, Ph.D., Clinical Professor, Retired , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Robert Kwortnik, Ph.D., Associate Professor , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Master Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Certificate in Hospitality Digital Marketing
- Master Certificate in Revenue Management
Please choose from the following course start dates: