Marketing the Hospitality Brand Through Digital Media
Successful marketing and revenue generation in hospitality requires the management of an array of new media including, social, mobile, and search. While these new media enable marketers to reach customers in ways that were previously not possible, successful use must be anchored by core marketing and demand management principles. This course provides a grounding in brand management and focuses on the importance of identifying and establishing "brand promise"—the experience guests take away from engaging with a brand as the basis of new media management. Participants will experience the challenges involved in maintaining their brand's promise across a growing array of new media channels. They will be exposed to sound marketing concepts, advice from industry experts, and actual experience with new media in exercises and simulations. Participants will then take what they have learned and apply it to their existing marketing efforts based on industry best practices and time-tested frameworks for profitable marketing.
Participants will learn directly from some of the heaviest hitters in new media for hospitality - CEOs, search, social and mobile media consultants, property-level managers, and more through interactive projects and compelling video exercises. Participants will see first-hand how the successful implementation of new media can help deliver on their firm’s “brand promise”, enabling them to deal with market uncertainties and guide their organization toward sustained profitability.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for hospitality professionals who are involved in revenue-generating roles at the property or corporate level, and marketing and sales personnel with minimal experience in online and new media marketing.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Define, align, and refine a brand promise for your organization
- Project your organization's brand promise effectively and consistently across an array of new-media channels
- Evaluate the use of search-engine optimization and search-engine marketing for your organization
- Enhance your organization’s engagement through emerging-media marketing
- Draw group business through new media tactics
- Increase your transaction effectiveness
Module 1 - Supporting the Brand Promise
- Define the Brand Promise
- Marketing Fundamentals and Evolution
- Branding in New Media
- Align and Refine Your Brand Promise
- Evolving Consumer Decision Paths: From Look to Book
- Measuring Your Brand Consistency
Module 2 - Generate Brand Demand Using New Media
- Network Theory and Economics
- Use New Media to Draw Groups
- Increase Your Wallet Share
- Convert Your Leads
- William Carroll, Ph.D., Clinical Professor, Retired , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Robert Kwortnik, Ph.D., Associate Professor , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Hospitality Digital Marketing
- Master Certificate in Revenue Management
- Master Certificate in Hospitality Management
Please choose from the following course start dates: