Introduction to Restaurant Revenue Management
This course demonstrates that, by manipulating meal duration and price, restaurant managers can maximize revenue using the Restaurant Revenue Management (RRM) approach.
You can determine a restaurant's revenue capability by calculating its "revenue per available seat hour", and discover the value of identifying and modifying business practices to accommodate hot, warm, and cold revenue periods.
Learn the five steps of the revenue management process, and find out how others have implemented this approach successfully, increasing revenue from two to five percent.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for Foodservice managers who need to learn the key concepts of the restaurant revenue management approach.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Develop detailed recommendations for improving revenue
- Implement strategies to increase hot, warm, and cold revenue periods
- Analyze the potential return on investment associated with implementing restaurant revenue management strategies
- Measure the improvement associated with implementation of strategies developed using restaurant revenue management
Module 1 - Restaurant Revenue Management
- Introduction to RevPASH
- The Revenue Management Process
Module 2 - The Revenue Management Approach for Restaurants
- Approaches to Restaurant Revenue Management
- Managing Approaches
- Sheryl Kimes, Professor , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Restaurant Revenue Management
- Master Certificate in Revenue Management
- Master Certificate in Hospitality Management
Please choose from the following course start dates: