Leading Organizational Change
All leadership is change leadership. Good leadership isn’t about stagnation; it’s about moving ahead. In this course, Professor Samuel Bacharach, Ph.D. of Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management explores the fundamental, practical skills that effective leaders have mastered.
Effective change leaders do three things; they anticipate where things are moving, they facilitate the implementation of change, and they sustain momentum by taking charge and moving things ahead. Great change leaders know how to be both proactive and reactive, as Professor Bacharach explains. Students in this course will examine their own leadership styles and practice skills that will help them translate ideas into organizational results, find ways to overcome organizational inertia, and examine strategies for overcoming individual resistance to change.
Who should take this course?
Anyone working in a leadership or management capacity has to anticipate, facilitate, and sustain change. Students may be working in either a formal or informal leadership role, they may be leading a work group through ongoing, everyday change to achieve organizational results, or they may be serving in a facilitative role in support of organizational change.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Facilitate change by translating ideas into desired organizational results
- Identify the change process as it relates to organizations
- Identify ways to overcome organizational inertia
- Examine strategies for overcoming individual resistance to change
- Explore ways of anticipating and mitigating uncertainty
Module 1 - Consider What It Means to Be a "Change Agent"
- You as a Change Agent
- Proactive vs. Reactive Leaders
- Organizations' Change Tendencies
Module 2 - Develop Your Agenda for Change
- Analyze the Four Arenas
- Organizational Goals and Culture
Module 3 - Navigate the Terrain of Change
- Implementing Change
- Dealing with Resistance
- Samuel B. Bacharach, Ph.D., McKelvey-Grant Professor, Director, Institute for Workplace Studies , School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Change Leadership
- Certificate in Executive Leadership
- Certificate in High-Performance Leadership
Please choose from the following course start dates: