Leading with Credibility
Managers who are seen practicing what they preach and following through on promises enjoy dramatically enhanced credibility and loyalty. They inspire workers to perform well and even to go beyond what is asked of them. Credibility is not all it takes to be successful, but no trust or meaningful relationship with those you manage can happen without it. This course, developed by SHA's Professor Tony Simons, Ph.D., focuses on this critical element of leadership, and helps students develop the awareness, skills and habits necessary for mastering it.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, and senior leaders with over three years of experience. Learners may come from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Assess your credibility and trustworthiness as perceived by subordinates and others in the organization
- Detect and address impediments to your credibility with subordinates, superiors, and others with whom you interact professionally
- Develop and practice habits of reflection and time management to confidently make and keep commitments
- Build and foster a culture of mutual accountability among your team.
Module 1 - Establish a Credibility Baseline
- Identify a Personal Credibility Role Model
- Self-Assess Your Credibility
- Validate Your Credibility Self-Assessment
- Summarize Your Credibility Assessment
Module 2 - Optimize Follow-through
- How and When to Negotiate a Commitment
- Find Your Accountability System
- Make an Effective Apology
- Analyzing a Failed Commitment
Module 3 - Enact Espoused Values
- Identify and Prioritize Core Values
- Craft a Communication to Preserve Credibility
Module 4 - Foster a Credibility Culture
- Building a High-Credibility Team
- Instilling a Culture of Effective Request
- Rewrite a Poor Request as an Effective Request
- Executive Insights on Leader Integrity
- Tony Simons, Ph.D., Associate Professor , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Change Leadership
- Certificate in Executive Leadership
- Certificate in High-Performance Leadership
Please choose from the following course start dates: