Leading Collaborative Teams
Based on the research and expertise of SHA's Professor Kate Walsh, Ph.D., this course will teach you how to diagnose your team's needs, set expectations for development, utilize conflict to augment change and continuously improve, and build team autonomy and ownership. Using tools provided in this course, you will assess the roles and behaviors of your team members, define your team’s purpose, and evaluate your own leadership style. You will also identify your personal leadership brand and values, examine team decision making, and explore team collaboration—including for virtual teams. With the completion of an action plan at the end of the course project, you will be ready to apply what you learn to your own team and organization.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for anyone enrolled in the Leadership Certificate (current and aspiring professionals in management); professionals with at least three years of leadership experience, working at or aspiring toward leadership roles. This includes mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, and senior leaders, learners from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Diagnose team skill sets and develop a plan to build synergy and collaboration
- Determine team expectations and goals
- Implement healthy team behaviors and functions
- Facilitate team growth and development
Module 1 - Diagnosing Your Team
- Recognizing Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Diagnosing Your Team
Module 2 - Managing Your Team
- Creating Your Team Mission and Vision Statements
- Building Collaboration
Module 3 - Growing Your Team
- Facilitative Leadership
- Conflict and Healthy Debate
- Making Group Decisions
Module 4 - Letting Go of Your Team
- Creating Your Leadership Brand
- Identifying Your Values
- Kate Walsh, Ph.D., Dean and E. M. Statler Professor , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Change Leadership
- Certificate in Executive Leadership
- Certificate in High-Performance Leadership
Please choose from the following course start dates: