Building High Performance Teams
In this course, you will create a strategy to turn a work group into a high-functioning team by evaluating challenges and applying techniques to generate positive team outcomes. Based on the research and expertise of Professor Kate Walsh, Ph.D., of Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, you will learn how to enable a team to take ownership of its own success and shift leadership roles as the team assumes greater responsibility.
Using tools provided in this course, you will explore best practices in leading teams, assess case studies, and examine functional conflict. With the completion of an action plan at the end of the course, you will be ready to apply what you learn to your own organization.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for professionals with under three years of leadership experience, working at or aspiring toward leadership roles. Learners may come from every continent and industry and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Develop a strategy to create a high-functioning team
- Determine how to turn challenges into opportunities that generate positive outcomes
- Foster a culture that allows your team to take ownership of its own success and take on new leadership roles
Module 1 - Diagnosing Your Team
- Building a High-Functioning Team
- Assessing and Diagnosing Your Team Needs
- Motivating at the Team Level
Module 2 - Building Collaboration
- Promoting Positive Team Interactions
- Building Collaboration
- Team Interaction Tips
- Identifying the Characteristics of a Good Team Member
Module 3 - Utilizing Conflict to Develop Your Team
- Address Conflicting Situations
- Identify Your Predominant Conflict Management Strategy
Module 4 - Managing Virtual Teams
- Recognizing Virtual Considerations
- Creating a Virtual Connection
- Addressing Virtual Challenges
Module 5 - Shifting Leadership Roles
- Determining Who Makes Decisions
- Developing Colleagueship amoung Leaders
- Sustaining High Performance
- Kate Walsh, Ph.D., Dean and E. M. Statler Professor , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
Please choose from the following course start dates: