Certificate in Commercial Real Estate
This Commercial Real Estate program provides learners with the knowledge and skills they need to understand the integral components of the commercial real estate business. Participants acquire a robust overview of the development process, project planning and management, investment and financing decisions, property valuation, property management and the cycle of tenancy, and real estate asset management. Ultimately, you will obtain practical guidance and analytical tools to enhance your career and improve your ability to develop successful real estate projects. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel is strongly recommended.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Plan a financially feasible development project using the real estate development process.
- Create a real estate development project schedule, budget, and process for managing resources and risks.
- Develop a real estate investment strategy, estimate profitability, and choose the best way to raise capital.
- Structure private equity and debt financing to maximize returns on real estate investment deals.
- Maintain real estate properties using best practices in facilities and tenancy management.
- Develop a real estate asset management strategic plan to meet or exceed owner goals.
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~36 hours to complete.
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Development
- Managing Real Estate Development Projects
- Real Estate Investment Decisions
- Financing Real Estate Investments
- Leading Successful Property Management Operations
- Optimizing Asset Management Strategies
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate is ideal for professionals with financial or operational responsibility for real estate, investments, or financing; asset management professionals; people working for or aspiring to work for real estate funds, REITs, real estate developers, or real estate advisory firms.
Participants who successfully complete all 6 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Commercial Real Estate from Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business. Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.