Certificate in Executive Leadership
An executive leader’s authority, reliability, and ability to keep a team focused and motivated are under constant scrutiny, and rightfully so—it’s the leader’s job to communicate strategy, negotiate skillfully, influence team behaviors, and deliver results.
In an executive role, it is crucial that you have the right blend of soft skills and a strategic mindset to achieve specific performance outcomes at your organization.
The Executive Leadership Certificate series provides you with the critical skills to lead your organization to success through a series of six core courses and two electives that give you the flexibility to customize the program to your goals.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Devise employee-related practices that improve your organization and thereby enhance service outcomes to customers
- Implement healthy team behaviors and functions
- Respond decisively and consistently when faced with situations that require a decision
- Detect and address impediments to your credibility with subordinates, superiors, and others with whom you interact professionally
- Evaluate factors that undermine employee motivation and engagement in your organization
- Explore critical decisions such as when to negotiate, when not to negotiate, whether you should make the opening move in a negotiation, and how many issues you want to put on the table
This certificate has 8 online courses requiring ~48 hours to complete.
This certificate is earned upon completion of six required core courses and two elective courses. Outcomes will vary depending on the elective courses selected.
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Leading Collaborative Teams
- Leading with Credibility
- Motivating People for High Performance
- Quality and Service Excellence
- Strategic Decision Making
- Leading across Cultures
- Leading for Creativity and Innovation
- Leading Organizational Change
- Leading Strategic Change Initiatives
- Navigating Power Relationships
- Negotiation Skills
- Planning and Delivering Effective Presentations
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate is appropriate for upper level or senior managers with over five years of experience managing a team; high potential mid-level managers with over five years’ experience who are looking to move into executive leadership roles, and VP or C-level executives interested in continuing to grow as leaders.
Participants who successfully complete all 8 courses in this certificate program receive an Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell University SC Johnson College of Business. Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.