IDeaS Cornell Scholarship
The School of Hotel Administration, in conjunction with the IDeaS company, offers the IDeaS Cornell Revenue Management Scholarship Program. Since 2009, this first-of-its-kind program offers hospitality professionals around the world the opportunity to earn online certificates developed by senior Cornell faculty leaders—all tuition paid.
Each award includes paid registration to either of these online certificate programs:
Designed for the more experienced revenue professional, this program covers the most advanced approaches to strategic pricing decision-making, inventory control, and demand manipulation, all with a focus on improving overall enterprise performance.
Certificate requires the successful completion of the following five courses:
- Price and Inventory Controls
- Price Sensitivity and Pricing Decisions
- Segmentation and Price Optimization
- Displacement and Negotiated Pricing
- Search Engines and Online Selling: Stimulating Incremental Demand
2018 Certificate #2 To Be Determined
- be employed in a full-time hospitality position;
- either be responsible for revenue management or aspiring to grow into a revenue-management position;
- be employed by a lodging services provider, including (but not limited to) hotels, motels, clubs, resorts, casinos, and theme parks;
- submit, electronically or via mail, a complete application that is received by the application deadline.
Congratulations to the following 2017 IDeaS Cornell Scholarship winners:
Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management: Pricing and Demand Strategies
- Andrew Ka Chun Lee, Revenue Manager, Oaks Hotels and Resorts (Minor Hotel Group), Australia
- Teodora Nuta, Reservations and Revenue Manager, Continental Hotels, Romania
- Mudra Rajaram Joshi, Cluster Revenue Executive - Revenue Analysis and Business Evaluation, Jumeirah Group/Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts, Dubai
"Revenue management has evolved to such an exciting field requiring strategic knowledge in a digital marketplace, with Cornell University at the forefront of this revolution," said Andrew Ka Chun Lee. "I am very grateful to IDeaS and the university for this opportunity to study at such a prestigious institution, which will take my organization and career to the next level."
"Winning this scholarship will help me acquire more revenue-management knowledge and provide the means to follow my long-term goal of being promoted to director of commercial strategy," added Teodora Nuta, scholarship recipient. "As a self-taught revenue manager, winning the scholarship is a great opportunity to add structure to the knowledge I've acquired over the years, and it is a great honor to study at a world-recognized university."
Certificate in Strategic Leadership for the Hospitality Professional
- Gerald Quadros, Executive Head Chef, The Lensbury Hotel, UK
- Liana Nel, Executive Housekeeper, Hilton Durban, South Africa
- Fransiska Katrin Widodo, Event Manager, Melia Bali Indonesia, Indonesia
- Maria Lucia Hernandez, Online Marketing Manager, Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, USA
About the School of Hotel Administration
The School of Hotel Administration is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. The school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field. For more information, visit sha.cornell.edu.
With more than one million rooms priced daily on its advanced systems, IDeaS Revenue Solutions provides hotels with the latest revenue-management software solutions and advisory services. Powered by SAS® and more than 25 years of experience, IDeaS proudly supports more than 7,000 clients in 94 countries and is relentless about providing hoteliers more insightful ways to manage the data behind hotel pricing.
IDeaS empowers its clients to build and maintain revenue-management cultures—from single entities to world-renowned estates—by focusing on a simple promise: Driving Better Revenue.
IDeaS has the knowledge, expertise, and maturity to build upon proven revenue-management principles with next-generation analytics for more user-friendly, insightful, and profitable revenue opportunities—not just for rooms, but across the entire hotel enterprise.
For more information, visit www.ideas.com.