Essentials of Foodservice Management
Ithaca, New York, U.S.A. (June 28 - 30, 2018) - Course Cost US$2,795 COURSE CLOSED
This course examines the key success factors behind foodservice management connecting the interrelated elements of food and beverage management. The course will cover food and beverage menu development, design, and pricing, the development and assessment of food and beverage pairings and related sales strategies, market trends, and operational and strategic considerations around service elements that influence menu design and development.
Participants will enhance their ability to systematically evaluate their food and beverage offerings and create an approach to match customer demands, market trends and existing management and operational capacity. These learning activities will lead to a better understanding of the market in which the participants operate in and the key service and product elements that are needed for operational excellence.
- Market and trends analysis
- Food and beverage menu development and analysis
- Food and beverage pairings (for spirits, wine, beer, and non-alcoholic)
- Menu pricing techniques for food and beverage programs
- Strategic product selection, purchasing, receiving, inventory, and facility controls
- Cost control and inventory management
- Strategies for service process development and enhancement
Those who have previously completed “Foodservice Management” should not enroll in this course due to significant overlap of course material.