Ithaca, New York, U.S.A. (July 2 - 4, 2018) - Course Cost US$2,795 COURSE CLOSED
To maximize the profitability of a beverage program in a responsible manner, food and beverage managers and owners must understand the different beverage categories and how they can impact their overall operation. Product knowledge is essential for the food and beverage manager; therefore, product evaluations will be conducted throughout the course with the focus on determining value and quality. The course material will be on the selection, costing/pricing, service, control, and sale of the beverages appropriate for the individual market.
Increasing knowledge of product and sales tools to amplify the contribution margin and revenue created by the responsible sale of beverages. Gaining insight into today’s beverage trends along with current financial and product data to make informed business decisions in order to increase beverage generated revenues.
- Trends within the Beverage Industry: domestic and international beverage trends. The worldwide industry would be put into context based on international and domestic sales data.
- Beverage list development: Developing, layout, and menu styles.
- Product evaluation, selection, and purchasing.
- Beverage costing: Wine, beer, non-alcoholic, and spirits: Costing strategies for all beverage types.
- Procurement of beverage supplies and equipment
- Inventory management and cost controls
- Understanding operational risk and liability
- Educational training and selling techniques for staff