Advanced Hotel Real Estate: Capital Markets, Deal Structuring, Risk Management
Ithaca, New York, U.S.A. (June 25 - 30, 2018) - Course Cost US$5,590
This six-day, intensive course expands and refines the tool kit for the online certificate series entitled “Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management.” The course will help owners, operators, and lenders use their interests in hotel real estate strategically to grow their businesses and to prosper throughout the market and asset cycles. The course uses applications from the frontier of real-estate investment to examine international capital markets, deal structuring, advanced debt and equity financing, and risk analysis. The course has broad application across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, with cases and examples drawn from a wide range of international experience. Contemporary alternatives to traditional investment analysis will be introduced, discussed, and debated. A loan negotiation exercise and management contract negotiation will sharpen your deal-making skills.
Hands-on application showing how to use contemporary tools from the capital markets, finance, and economics in a lodging context; theoretical concepts are accompanied by practical exercises and cases demonstrating how to create wealth using the theoretical tools in application. Participants learn how to use risk- management tools to hedge individual and portfolio risk.
- Advanced investment-decision models: Duration, real options, case study analysis
- Advanced deal structuring: Promote structures, equity funds, analyzing the “cash-flow waterfall”
- Risk analysis and deal structuring to minimize and transfer risk
- International management contract practice
- Management contract negotiation
- Loan negotiation
- Recent innovations in international lodging markets: Real-estate derivatives, sale-leaseback and sale-manageback transactions
The prerequisite for this course is the completion of the online certificate in Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management.
This certificate series is comprised of six online courses, available at an additional cost. Please allow two weeks per course to complete the certificate series. Online courses are available year-round, with course sessions beginning each month. It is ideal to take one online course at a time. However, it is possible to complete the online series before the start of the classroom course if you enroll in more than one online course simultaneously.
Please Note: You must register and pay for online courses separately from classroom courses. To complete both classroom and online courses in a single year:
3. Click on "View Cart" above and proceed to the PDP application.
4. Once you have completed the PDP application, add the online certificate in Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management to the online learning cart: