Leading Multi-Cultural Teams
|COURSE CLOSED||Ithaca||(June 18 - 20, 2020)||Course Cost US$2995.00|
One of the most difficult challenges faced by hospitality leaders is understanding how to effectively leverage workplace diversity. Increasingly, teams are comprised of individuals from different countries, cultures, backgrounds, and many other important and distinguishing characteristics. And while growing diversity within teams can have many positive effects, it can also present significant challenges, especially when the differences clash.
This experientially-based course will help you to understand how to effectively build an inclusive, culturally diverse workplace; manage multicultural differences to ensure alignment with your firm's strategic initiatives; and maximize team performance to boost employee engagement and retention, reduce operational costs and enhance service quality.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Design and develop context-specific policies, practices, and programs that build relationships, trust, and cohesion in culturally diverse work settings.
• Implement proven methods for managing and reducing multicultural conflict
• Create team-level accountability systems that are aligned with and directly support strategic and operational performance objectives
• Demonstrate the value of multi-cultural initiatives, particularly in terms of operational efficiency and service quality
- Building and supporting effective multicultural teams
- Individual and team requirements
- Alignment and team development
- Managing multicultural differences and creating alignment
- Confronting conflict
- Managing team processes
- Maximizing the benefits of team diversity