Initial Hotel Planning Decisions
An essential aspect of hotel design is the early planning decisions that owners, developers, and designers must make. These include addressing the needs and opportunities of the target market prior to the detailed design of specific parts of a hotel.
This course will prepare participants to contribute effectively to initial decisions relating to full-service hotel planning, helping to ensure that later design decisions will take into account the target customer, the lodging product to be provided, and the associated allocation of space.
Professor Stephani Robson, an expert in hotel planning and design, brings this phase of hotel planning to life with a wealth of content backed by activities designed to help you apply these concepts in practical ways.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is appropriate for architects, interior designers, and hotel consultants interested in gaining an understanding of the challenges and considerations involved in full-service hotel design; owners/developers and construction managers for whom full-service hotels represent a new building type; and architecture students who want to develop a specialization in full-service hotels.
- Identifying the early decisions that need to be made before planning specific parts of the hotel
- Determining the needs and opportunities of a specific hotel environment and identifying the hotel functions required to support the target market
- Assessing the proportions of space dedicated to major parts of a hotel and analyzing the relationships between various functional areas
- Applying planning and efficiency metrics that will help to ensure the success of a project
- Stephani Robson, Senior Lecturer, School of Hotel Administration
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 10.0
CEUS earned 1.0
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
|Course Start Dates||Add course to cart button|
|July 29, 2020||Add to Cart|
|September 23, 2020||Add to Cart|
|November 18, 2020||Add to Cart|
|January 13, 2021||Add to Cart|
|March 10, 2021||Add to Cart|
|May 5, 2021||Add to Cart|
|June 30, 2021||Add to Cart|
|August 25, 2021||Add to Cart|
|October 20, 2021||Add to Cart|
|December 15, 2021||Add to Cart|