Opening a Restaurant
In this course, you will explore the opportunities and challenges that come with opening a food and beverage establishment. You will review a case study describing an existing F&B operation and explore the steps involved in creating a business plan. You will also examine strategies for determining if your business idea will be successful in the market.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is ideal for individuals involved in the operation and financial performance of a restaurant or food and beverage service, from line-level employees through general management; individuals who are new to the food and beverage industry and need to learn more about the specifics around restaurant operations; and students from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including franchisees, managed service contractors such as stadiums or arenas, hospitals, airlines and caterers. Students who do not work in restaurants but need to be conversant in operations of food and beverage providers will also benefit from this course.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Evaluate how well a fictional restaurant is matching the concept that launched the business
- Offer suggestions for equipment that best meets the concept of an existing restaurant
- Identify key drivers of potential business in the market that you will operate in
- Evaluate the financial viability of a restaurant and offer recommendations for next steps
- Alex Susskind, Professor of Operations, Technology and Information Management, School of Hotel Administration
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 10.0
CEUS earned 1.0
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
|Course Start Dates||Add course to cart button|
|July 29, 2020||Add to Cart|
|September 9, 2020||Add to Cart|
|October 21, 2020||Add to Cart|
|December 2, 2020||Add to Cart|
|January 13, 2021||Add to Cart|
|February 24, 2021||Add to Cart|
|April 7, 2021||Add to Cart|
|May 19, 2021||Add to Cart|
|June 30, 2021||Add to Cart|
|August 11, 2021||Add to Cart|
|September 22, 2021||Add to Cart|
|November 3, 2021||Add to Cart|
|December 15, 2021||Add to Cart|