Operating a Profitable and Responsible Beverage Program
Whether you are a coffee house, restaurant, or even a cocktail bar, your beverage program can have a big impact on your profitability, but it comes with a good deal of risk.
Understanding everything that is involved in offering wine, beer, spirits, and nonalcoholic beverages, and applying discipline to your product selection, pricing, list design, and rigorous controls can minimize certain risks and position you for financial success.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is ideal for individuals involved in the operation and financial performance of a restaurant or food and beverage service, from line-level employees through general management; individuals who are new to the food and beverage industry and need to learn more about the specifics around restaurant operations; and students from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including franchisees, managed service contractors such as stadiums or arenas, hospitals, airlines and caterers. Students who do not work in restaurants but need to be conversant in operations of food and beverage providers will also benefit from this course.
- Identifying what makes beverage programs different from food-based programs
- Determining what wines, beer, spirits, and nonalcoholic beverages to offer
- Identifying specific pricing methods for wine, beer, spirits, and nonalcoholic beverages
- Applying list design techniques that help your guests make choices and improve your profits
- Identifying the risks and costs of beverage programs and the controls that need to be in place to minimize the negative impact to your operation
- Cheryl Stanley, Lecturer, School of Hotel Administration
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6.0
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
|Course Start Dates||Add course to cart button|
|July 15, 2020||Add to Cart|
|August 26, 2020||Add to Cart|
|October 7, 2020||Add to Cart|
|November 18, 2020||Add to Cart|
|December 30, 2020||Add to Cart|
|February 10, 2021||Add to Cart|
|March 24, 2021||Add to Cart|
|May 5, 2021||Add to Cart|
|June 2, 2021||Add to Cart|
|July 14, 2021||Add to Cart|
|August 25, 2021||Add to Cart|
|October 6, 2021||Add to Cart|
|November 17, 2021||Add to Cart|
|December 29, 2021||Add to Cart|