Services Marketing Planning and Management
Often times services marketing is regarded in terms of outcomes, but services marketing is also an ongoing analytic process. In this course, you will learn how to properly analyze frameworks, tools, channels, data sets, customer behavioral data, decision-making factors, and strategies that support broader marketing decisions.
Authored by Professor Robert Kwortnik, this course will teach you how to review the way marketing works in your organization and how to create and apply a services marketing process.
Who should take this course?
This course is appropriate for services marketing and operations professionals; industry professionals interested in analyzing services marketing data to make strategic decisions; services marketing managers and professionals who interact directly and communicate with customers; and product marketing professionals transitioning into a marketing role in service-centric firms.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Assess the role of marketing in your organization and determine where you’d like to go
- Explain how your organization might succeed or fail in the marketplace
- Identify how your organization can best counter external challenges and overcome internal ones
- Focus on the customer experience as the core of the service brand
Module 1: Assessing the Role of Marketing in Your Organization
- What Does Marketing Do for an Organization?
- What is Marketing?
- Marketing's Broad Goals and Challenges
Module 2: Determining How Your Organization Uses the Service Market Process
- Three Questions to Kick-Start the Marketing Process
- What is the "Marketing Concept"?
- A Services Marketing Process Framework
Module 3: Explaining How Your Organization Succeeds in the Marketplace
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Markets and Products
- Exploring the Difference Between a Customer's Needs, Wants, and Demands
- What is Customer Value in the Context of Services Marketing?
- Exploring the Exchange that Occurs Between Customers and Your Company
- Defining Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Explaining How Your Organization Succeeds in the Marketplace
Module 4: Assessing How Your Organization Counters the Dimensions of Services
- Services Marketing vs. Goods Marketing
- The Dimensions of Services
- The Tangibility Spectrum
- Countering Intangibility
- Countering Inseparability
- Countering Heterogeneity
- Countering Perishability
Module 5: Focusing on the Customer’s Experience
- The Service Experience
- Aligning Your Organization Around the Experience
- A Systems View of the Service Experience
- The Customer's Experience
- How Technology is Reshaping the Service Production System
- Technology with Biggest Impact on Marketing
Module 6: Cultivating a “Marketing as Investment” Perspective
- Is Marketing Viewed as a Cost or an Investment?
- Keys to Successful Marketing Planning
- Marketing in Action: A Marketing Plan Template
- Planning Pitfalls
- Services Marketing Action Plan
- Robert Kwortnik, Associate Professor, School of Hotel Administration
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6.0
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Strategic Hospitality Marketing
- Certificate in Hospitality Digital Marketing
- Master Certificate in Revenue Management
- Master Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Certificate in Hospitality Management
Please choose from the following course start dates:
|March 27, 2019||Add to Cart|
|April 10, 2019||Add to Cart|
|April 24, 2019||Add to Cart|
|May 8, 2019||Add to Cart|
|May 22, 2019||Add to Cart|
|June 5, 2019||Add to Cart|
|June 19, 2019||Add to Cart|
|July 3, 2019||Add to Cart|
|July 17, 2019||Add to Cart|
|July 31, 2019||Add to Cart|
|August 14, 2019||Add to Cart|
|August 28, 2019||Add to Cart|
|September 11, 2019||Add to Cart|
|September 25, 2019||Add to Cart|
|October 9, 2019||Add to Cart|
|October 23, 2019||Add to Cart|
|November 6, 2019||Add to Cart|
|November 20, 2019||Add to Cart|
|December 4, 2019||Add to Cart|
|December 18, 2019||Add to Cart|