Making Capital Investment Decisions
One of the most important aspects of a manager's job is to evaluate the feasibility of new initiatives and to make sound investment decisions. This includes conducting a thorough and reliable analysis using the appropriate financial decision-making tools.
In this course, participants will learn six capital budgeting rules that provide a framework for making sound project investment decisions. Participants will examine how the rules differ from one another, and which rules are most appropriate for different project settings.
Participants in this course will need one of the following financial calculators…
- Hewlett-Packard 12C
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is important for managers, supervisors, and team leaders at any level responsible for project planning, purchasing decisions, capital budgeting projects, and other important initiatives for their organization.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Apply capital budgeting decision rules to make sound financial choices
- Accurately analyze decisions and projects for financial soundness
Module 1 - Introduction to Capital Budgeting Rules
- Hurdle Rates and Opportunity Costs
- The Critical Importance of Capital Budgeting Analysis
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC)
Module 2 - Net Present Value
- Conceptualize the Net Present Value (NPV)
- Calculate NPV - Fixed Cash Flows
Module 3 - Internal Rate of Return
- Calculate the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) - Fixed Cash Flows
- Practice with IRR and NPV
Module 4 - Payback Period
- Introduction to the Payback Period (PBP)
- Using PBP
- What is the Discounted Payback Period (DPBP)?
Module - 5 - Profitability Index and Equivalent Annual Cost
- Introduction to the Profitability Index (PI) and Equivalent Annual Cost (EAC)
Module 6 - Final Assignments
- Verify Discussion Participation
- Write a Memo to the Boss
- Making Capital Investment Decisions Action Plan
- Scott Gibson, Professor of Finance and J.E. Zollinger Term Professor, The College of William & Mary School of Business
- Steven Carvell, Professor, School of Hotel Administration
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6.0
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
Please choose from the following course start dates:
|March 27, 2019||Add to Cart|
|April 24, 2019||Add to Cart|
|May 22, 2019||Add to Cart|
|June 19, 2019||Add to Cart|
|July 17, 2019||Add to Cart|
|August 14, 2019||Add to Cart|
|September 11, 2019||Add to Cart|
|October 9, 2019||Add to Cart|
|November 6, 2019||Add to Cart|
|December 4, 2019||Add to Cart|