Leading Strategic Change Initiatives
This course will provide you with tools and concepts to develop and lead strategic organizational change. The emphasis is on cultivating your ability to assess the need for change, selecting from among viable change initiatives, motivating others to move forward, the process of transformation, and finally sustaining the change over time.
Authored by SHA's Professor Cathy Enz, Ph.D., this course will teach you how to lead strategic change from inception to execution and beyond.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for managers who are tasked with leading a change initiative within an organization; they do not necessarily have to be in a formal leadership or management role. This course will be helpful for people leading change at any level of an organization, handling stakeholders who may be internal (such as cross-functional teams and other departments) or external (such as customers). This course prepares students to ready the organization through identifying resistance to change, creating a strategic plan for overcoming that resistance, and getting people on the side of your change initiative. Students will also create a vision statement for the change initiative, which is a key step of any leader.
Participants who complete this course will be able to…
- Diagnose the external factors that are driving change and the strategic orientation of your firm
- Articulate a change vision and build an approach for identifying and influencing key stakeholders
- Devise an approach for overcoming resistance
- Establish a process framework for leading the change initiative
- Complete a plan for sustaining change over time
- Develop an action plan for the introduction of change in your own work setting
Module 1 - How Do We Approach Strategic Change?
- What Is "Strategic Change"?
- Historical Theories of Change
Module 2 - Why and What Should We Change?
- Common Pitfalls of Change Initiatives
- What Should We Change?
- What Type of Change is Needed?
Module 3 - Who Changes, Who Resists, and How Do We Support Change?
- Who Should Lead the Change?
- How Do We Extend and Support Change?
- Create Your Own Communication Plan
- Cathy Enz, Lewis G. Schaeneman, Jr. Professor of Innovation & Dynamic Management, School of Hotel Administration
Course Cost US$769
Hours to Complete Course: 6.0
CEUS earned 0.6
This course is part of one or more online certificates:
- Certificate in Executive Leadership
- Certificate in High-Performance Leadership
- Certificate in Change Management
Please choose from the following course start dates:
|May 29, 2019||Add to Cart|
|June 12, 2019||Add to Cart|
|June 26, 2019||Add to Cart|
|July 24, 2019||Add to Cart|
|August 7, 2019||Add to Cart|
|August 21, 2019||Add to Cart|
|September 18, 2019||Add to Cart|
|October 2, 2019||Add to Cart|
|October 16, 2019||Add to Cart|
|November 13, 2019||Add to Cart|
|November 27, 2019||Add to Cart|
|December 11, 2019||Add to Cart|
|January 8, 2020||Add to Cart|
|February 5, 2020||Add to Cart|
|February 19, 2020||Add to Cart|
|March 4, 2020||Add to Cart|
|April 1, 2020||Add to Cart|
|April 15, 2020||Add to Cart|
|April 29, 2020||Add to Cart|
|May 27, 2020||Add to Cart|
|June 10, 2020||Add to Cart|
|June 24, 2020||Add to Cart|
|July 22, 2020||Add to Cart|
|August 5, 2020||Add to Cart|
|August 19, 2020||Add to Cart|
|September 16, 2020||Add to Cart|
|September 30, 2020||Add to Cart|
|October 14, 2020||Add to Cart|
|November 11, 2020||Add to Cart|
|November 25, 2020||Add to Cart|
|December 9, 2020||Add to Cart|