Certificate in Change Leadership
As a leader in your organization, you must be prepared for change. Whether you are dealing with a planned initiative, volatile industry, or unexpected situation, change is inevitable. In this series, you will identify where you fit in the power hierarchy of your organization and how this plays into your role in organizational decision-making.
The Change Leadership certificate program, developed by Cornell University faculty, will equip you to anticipate where things are moving, implement changes needed, and sustain the momentum of your initiatives to advance your agenda. The four core courses and two leadership electives enable you to meet your specific development goals while customizing the program to suit your particular professional outcomes.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Analyze your organization in terms of its tendency toward change
- Build an approach for identifying and influencing key stakeholders
- Devise an approach for overcoming resistance
- Explore critical decisions such as when to negotiate, when not to negotiate, whether you should make the opening move in a negotiation, and how many issues you want to put on the table
- Analyze, enhance, and activate your network to achieve goals and improve your ability to exercise power
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~36 hours to complete.
This certificate is earned upon completion of four required core courses and two elective courses. Outcomes will vary depending on the elective courses selected.
- Leading Organizational Change
- Leading Strategic Change Initiatives
- Navigating Power Relationships
- Negotiation Skills
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Leading Collaborative Teams
- Leading across Cultures
- Leading for Creativity and Innovation
- Leading with Credibility
- Motivating People for High Performance
- Planning and Delivering Effective Presentations
- Quality and Service Excellence
- Strategic Decision Making
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate is appropriate for professionals with three or more years of experience who are working in, or aspiring toward, leadership roles, and mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, senior leaders or individual contributors with three or more years of experience who regularly face change in their organization.
Participants who successfully complete all 6 courses in this certificate program receive a Change Leadership Certificate from Cornell University SC Johnson College of Business.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.