Certificate in Financial Management
Today, a good idea is not good enough. Leaders must demonstrate that their idea will deliver measurable results to the bottom line. To drive innovation and organizational success, leaders need to make effective business decisions that provide the most economic value to their organizations. They must have at their disposal the conceptual frameworks necessary to effectively articulate project and investment proposals to decision-makers, as well as review and discuss proposals with the organization’s finance managers.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to...
- Interpret financial information
- Apply common financial analysis frameworks in evaluating new projects
- Consider risk and return in capital budgeting
- Analyze the debt-equity ratio in capital structuring decisions
- Effectively communicate operational and financial strategies
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~31 hours to complete.
Please note it is recommended to take Understanding Financial Statements prior to Using Ratio Analysis; Mastering the Time Value of Money prior to Making Capital Investment Decisions; and Risk & Return prior to Raising Capital.
- Making Capital Investment Decisions
- Mastering the Time Value of Money
- Raising Capital: The Process, the Players, and Strategic Considerations
- Risk and Return: How to Identify, Measure, and Incorporate Into Capital Budgeting Decisions
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Using Ratio Analysis to Evaluate Financial Performance
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate series is essential for all levels of managers, directors, and company officers who are responsible for making financial or capital budgeting decisions within their organization or must be able to interpret and use financial data.
Participants who successfully complete all 6 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Financial Management from Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.