Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Revenue Mgmt: Pricing and Demand Strategies
Expand your revenue pipeline and drive company profits by taking a higher-level strategic approach to pricing and inventory control. Create and control customer demand, establish a marketing strategy that’s built around rigorous control systems and gain a clear advantage over competition; all resulting in increased sales and profitability.
This 5-course certificate program will build on the fundamental principles of revenue management and provide students with the advanced tools and techniques that guide strategic pricing decisions, set inventory controls, and encourage demand manipulation in a way that not only drives profits, but improves overall organizational performance. Participants will receive advanced instruction in revenue management and learn the industry-critical skills and advanced techniques used by top performers the world over.
This online certificate program was developed with Dr. Chris Anderson, revenue management expert and faculty member at Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration. The topics of revenue management and service pricing are the primary focus of Dr. Anderson’s research. He advises leaders at world-renowned hotels, airlines, rental car and tour companies—in addition to consumer goods and financial services firms—on how to fine-tune and execute their revenue management strategies to greatest effect.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to...
- Estimate the marginal value of capacity
- Understand the effects of price, length of stay, demand, and availability controls on revenue
- Employ a strategic, proactive approach in pricing decisions
- Anticipate the reaction of your competitors regarding price changes
- Determine the best structure to post the right prices online
- Convey an understanding between transient revenue management and negotiated selling
- Know the role of online channels and the opportunities they provide in demand creation and management
- Effectively use and improve search engine marketing
This certificate has 5 online courses requiring ~30 hours to complete.
This Certificate program requires the user to have Microsoft Excel with the solver plug-in installed. Please note the course Price and Inventory Controls must be taken first in this certificate series.
- Displacement and Negotiated Pricing
- Price Sensitivity and Pricing Decisions
- Price and Inventory Controls
- Search Engines and Online Selling: Stimulating Incremental Demand
- Segmentation and Price Optimization
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate series is designed for general managers, revenue and finance managers, operations, sales, marketing and other hospitality professionals who are responsible for the financial performance of their organization. The program is most beneficial to professionals with at least 3 years of experience in their industry. Students are highly encouraged to complete the certificate in Hotel Revenue Management and/or Restaurant Revenue Management before enrolling in this advanced program.
Participants who successfully complete all 5 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management: Pricing and Demand Strategies from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.