Second Annual Cornell ICSC International Retail Real Estate Case Competition
The Second Annual Cornell ICSC International Retail Real Estate Case Competition took place in Las Vegas this past Sunday at the Wynn Las Vegas during RECon, held by the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
The event, jointly hosted by the Center for Real Estate and Finance and ICSC, welcomed six teams competing for the top prize of $10,000.
Congratulations to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania for taking home first place in the competition. Cornell University's team—consisting of Michael Lee '18, Albert Lin '18, Larry Robinson '18, and Jessica Zhang '17—took second place.
We are proud of all of the competing teams for their hard work and dedication. The time and effort that all students put into preparing for this competition was very apparent in the thoroughness of their analysis and the impressive presentations.
- Cornell University
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Connecticut
- University of Guelph
- University of Queensland
We appreciate the prestigious panel of judges who also contributed to making the competition a success.
- Ronald Altoon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Altoon Strategic
- Andrew, Brien, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Suria KLCC
- Karen Case, Executive Managing Director and President of Commercial Real Estate, The PrivateBank
- Carl Goertemoeller, Chief Development Officer, Viking Partners
- Gordon "Skip" Greeby, President, The Greeby Companies
- David Henry, Senior Advisor, Kimco Realty Corporation
- Liz Holland, Chief Executive Officer, Abbell Associates
- Rick Kuhle, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Vestar
- Ken Lamy, Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer, The Lamy Group, DataPoint International
- Stephen Lebovitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBL and Associates Properties
- James Matanky, Chief Executive Officer, Matanky Realty Group
- Jimmy Maurin, Founder and Past Chairman, Stirling Properties
- Marty Mayer, President and Chief Executive Officer, Stirling Properties
- John Morrison, President and Chief Executive Officer, Choice Properties REIT
- Gary Rappaport, Chief Executive Officer, Rappaport
- Bev Ricks, Principal, Retail Property Solutions
- Duane Stiller '84, Founder and President, Woolbright Development
Edgard Sanchez was working a secure warehouse job. A veteran of the U.S. military having transitioned back to civilian life, he could easily have stayed where he was, comfortable in the day-to-day routine of earning a steady paycheck for an honest day’s work. But he knew there was something more for him...Read more »
The Hospitality Business Plan Competition provides an experiential learning opportunity to rising entrepreneurs looking to make their mark on the hospitality industry. This year's finals will take place Saturday, March 17.Read more »
Brad Wellstead, lecturer in properties development and management, is currently mentoring, tutoring, and facilitating four SHA students who are participating in the first-ever Park Inn by Radisson INNovation competition.Read more »
For fourteen Cornell University students, their trip to attend the annual HR in Hospitality Conference and Expo in Las Vegas was a capstone for their hospitality and labor-related education.Read more »
Applications for the 2018 program are being accepted on a rolling-admissions basis. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis, and early application is encouraged.Read more »
CONGRATULATIONS! Team Maidbot and Team Last Second Beach tie for first place in the 2016 Hospitality Business Plan Competition!Read more »