Second Annual Cornell ICSC International Retail Real Estate Case Competition
The Second Annual Cornell ICSC International Retail Real Estate Case Competition took place in Las Vegas this past Sunday at the Wynn Las Vegas during RECon, held by the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
The event, jointly hosted by the Center for Real Estate and Finance and ICSC, welcomed six teams competing for the top prize of $10,000.
Congratulations to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania for taking home first place in the competition. Cornell University's team—consisting of Michael Lee '18, Albert Lin '18, Larry Robinson '18, and Jessica Zhang '17—took second place.
We are proud of all of the competing teams for their hard work and dedication. The time and effort that all students put into preparing for this competition was very apparent in the thoroughness of their analysis and the impressive presentations.
- Cornell University
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Connecticut
- University of Guelph
- University of Queensland
We appreciate the prestigious panel of judges who also contributed to making the competition a success.
- Ronald Altoon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Altoon Strategic
- Andrew, Brien, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Suria KLCC
- Karen Case, Executive Managing Director and President of Commercial Real Estate, The PrivateBank
- Carl Goertemoeller, Chief Development Officer, Viking Partners
- Gordon "Skip" Greeby, President, The Greeby Companies
- David Henry, Senior Advisor, Kimco Realty Corporation
- Liz Holland, Chief Executive Officer, Abbell Associates
- Rick Kuhle, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Vestar
- Ken Lamy, Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer, The Lamy Group, DataPoint International
- Stephen Lebovitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBL and Associates Properties
- James Matanky, Chief Executive Officer, Matanky Realty Group
- Jimmy Maurin, Founder and Past Chairman, Stirling Properties
- Marty Mayer, President and Chief Executive Officer, Stirling Properties
- John Morrison, President and Chief Executive Officer, Choice Properties REIT
- Gary Rappaport, Chief Executive Officer, Rappaport
- Bev Ricks, Principal, Retail Property Solutions
- Duane Stiller '84, Founder and President, Woolbright Development
Five student teams competed for the chance to win $25,000 March 18 as part of Hotel Ezra Cornell’s seventh annual Hospitality Business Plan Competition.Read more »
This annual invitation-only event tasks student teams with analyzing an actual commercial real estate transaction.Read more »
In a competition sponsored by the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship, nine teams had five minutes each to present their innovative ideas for how to make the best use of Pepper, an interactive child-size humanoid robot, in the hospitality industryRead more »
2nd Annual Titans of Real Estate PanelRead more »
By creating unforgettable experiences that turn consumers into brand devotees, George P. Johnson CEO Chris Meyer '87 is reinventing marketing.Read more »