New corporate sponsors boost PIHE programs
Twenty-three companies have joined the first Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship (PIHE) corporate member, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, and come on board as new corporate members of the PIHE, helping shape the school’s entrepreneurship curriculum and supporting entrepreneurial students through such programs as the Hospitality Business Plan Competition, entrepreneurs in residence, and internships. Each new corporate member has committed $10,000 a year for three years, and a company representative will serve on the PIHE advisory board.
The new PIHE board members are:
• Moby Ahmed, managing partner, A/R Hotels, LLC
• Bob Alter '73, president, Seaview Investors, LLC
• Kenneth Blatt '81, principal, Caribbean Property Group
• Tom Corcoran, chairman and founder, Felcor Lodging Trust
• Keith Daub '73, president and COO, Winegardner & Hammons, Inc.
• Diana Dobin, co-president, Valley Forge Fabrics
• John Griswold '71, president, Harbor Hotel Investors, LLC
• Lawrence Hall '81, president and CEO, PAR Springer-Miller Systems, Inc.
• Ken Hamlet '66, senior advisor and operating partner, Crestview Partners
• Chris Hemmeter '86, managing director, Thayer Ventures
• Tim Hentschel '01, CEO, HotelPlanner.com
• Warren Leeds '84, president and co-founder, Dartcor Enterprises, Inc.
• Igal Lichtman, co-founder, Internet Dominion Corp.
• Mark Lomanno, executive board member, New Brand Analytics
• Bill McAleer '73, managing director, Voyager Capital
• John Metz '77, chairman and CEO, Hurricane Grill and Wings
• Leland Pillsbury '69, co-chairman and CEO, Thayer Lodging Group
• DJ Rama MMH '96, president, JHM Hotels
• Steve Rushmore '67, chairman and founder, Hotel Appraisals, LLC
• Michelle Russo '87, president, Hotel AVE
• Bradley Tolkin '80, co-chairman and CEO, World Travel Holdings, Inc.
• Paul Whetsell, President, Loew's Hotels
• Jacob Wright, CEO, High Peaks Hospitality