Donors support SHA students, faculty, and programs
Thanks to our generous alumni, corporate partners, and friends, the SHA's 2012-13 fundraising year was a great success. We surpassed our Annual Fund goal of $1.525 million (raising $1.577 million) and our overall fundraising goal of $11 million (raising $13.3 million)! These gifts help drive the SHA forward as the school for hospitality leadership.
Meeting the current, daily needs of the school, the Annual Fund helps us send students to industry conferences, recruit renowned faculty who are trained in research, and provide those faculty with the resources they need to conduct studies and turn out findings for the hospitality industry. Most importantly, the Annual Fund provides critical scholarship support to our students.
Significant Annual Fund gifts:
• J. Michael Cline '81 made a five-year commitment to the Annual Fund, totaling $1 million.
• The 5th Annual Cornell Hospitality Icon & Innovator Awards raised more than $345,000 for this year's Annual Fund.
Other noteworthy gifts:
• Chiaki Tanuma MPS '80 made a $1 million scholarship gift.
• Uwe Christiansen '75 made a $700,000 bequest to the Center for Real Estate and Finance.
• Donald Sullivan '65 made a $615,000 bequest to the endowment.
• Sush Torgalkar '99 made a $500,000 for faculty renewal, a principal goal of the school as we recruit and hire outstanding young faculty to fill the void left by retiring professors.
There are many ways to give to the SHA, and your support is essential to helping us educate the next generation of hospitality innovators and leaders. Click here for more information. If you have questions, please contact Meg Keilbach '88, assistant dean of alumni affairs and development, at email@example.com or 607.255.9542.