Executives and Entrepreneurs in Residence bring industry expertise to SHA
The Executives-in-Residence Program brings high-level hospitality professionals to campus twice a semester for two or three days during the two-year terms for which they are appointed. During this time, the executives have the freedom to find how they fit at the school and where their expertise can be best utilized. In addition to interacting with student groups, executives guest-lecture in classes, supplementing the school’s theory- and research-based education with real-world applications and examples. For more information about the program, visit https://sha.cornell.edu/admissions-programs/undergraduate/academics/extended-academic-opportunities/.
Current Executives in Residence:
• Art Buser '89, former MD global capital markets, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels
• Stan Frankenthaler, vice president, executive chef - product innovation, Dunkin’ Brands
• Christian ‘Kit’ Kiefer, director of culinary services, corporate executive chef, Schwan’s Food Service
• Edward McGraw, senior vice president of development, Ignite Restaurant Group
The Entrepreneurs-in-Residence Program, which is organized by the Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship, also gives students and faculty the opportunity to learn from practitioners. Our Entrepreneurs in Residence teach classes and provide personal direction to students, helping them learn to conceive, launch, and manage their own enterprises. For more information, visit https://sha.cornell.edu/faculty-research/centers-institutes/pihe/engagement/entrepreneurs-in-residence/.
Current Entrepreneurs in Residence:
• Nick Bayer '00, founder and president, Saxbys Coffee LLC
• Elizabeth Ngonzi, MMH '98, founder and CEO, Amazing Taste, LLC
• Jacob Wright, co-founder and president, Action Companies