Chinese hospitality service and hotel marketplace among topics for Cornell International Summit
The Cornell International Summit: Hospitality, Real Estate, and the Built Environment will include panel discussions on innovation and growth in China's hospitality and commercial real estate markets. Attendees will hear from Cornell researchers and senior industry leaders and have a greater understanding of the key issues, trends, and opportunities that exist in one of the most important emerging global markets. The summit, which will be held Saturday, April 20, 2013 at the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, is co-presented by the SHA; the Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning; and the Cornell Center for Real Estate and Finance.
The summit agenda includes three panels: "Huanying: Service in Modern China," "Urban Interconnectedness: How Cities, Transportation, and Environmental Technologies Will Shape the Future," and "The Future of the Chinese Hotel Marketplace." Confirmed panelists are:
• Keith Barr ’92, Chief Executive Officer, IHG Greater China
• Michael Johnson, Dean and E. M. Statler Professor, Cornell School of Hotel Administration
• Kent Kleinman, Gale and Ira Drukier Dean, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
• Peng (Peter) Liu, Assistant Professor, Cornell School of Hotel Administration
• Michael Manville, Assistant Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
• Lee Pillsbury, ‘69, Founder, Co-Chairman, and CEO of Thayer Lodging Group
• Jenny Sabin, Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
• Teddy Zhang ’97, President and CEO, HUBS1 and Special Counsel to the Dean on China
Tickets are $300 for Cornell alumni, parents, and affiliates, and $350 for regular admittance. All tickets include lunch, three panel discussions, and a reception. To register or learn more, visit the summit website.
The summit is being held in collaboration with the Cornell Asia-Pacific Leadership Conference and the Cornell Hotel Society Asia Pacific Regional Meeting. Title sponsors are HUBS1, Jin Jiang Hotels, and the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund. InterContinental Hotels Group is diamond sponsor of the event. Other corporate sponsors are Cornell Baker Program in Real Estate; Duetto Research; FRANCE 24; Galaxy Entertainment Group; Hilton Worldwide; Hsyndicate; Hyatt Hotels and Resorts; IDeaS: A SAS Company; International Tourism Partnership; Marriott International; Office of Executive Education at the SHA; PhoCusWright, Inc.; Thayer Lodging Group; TravelDaily; TTG Asia Media Group; USA TODAY; and Xn Hotel Systems. To participate as a corporate sponsor, please contact Mark Depew, director of development, at 607.255.3275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.