The 89th Annual Hotel Ezra Cornell announces confirmed speakers
Contact: Tess Williams '15, IT & Communications Director for the 89th Annual Hotel Ezra Cornell, email@example.com
Hotel Ezra Cornell is an annual, weekend-long educational conference hosted by the students of the Cornell School of Hotel Administration for leaders of the hospitality industry. Comprised of educational seminars, leisure activities, and food and beverage events, the weekend strikes a thoughtful balance between education and entertainment. Students seize the opportunity to showcase what they've learned in the classroom in a practical, real-world environment.
Now in its 89th year, the conference will center on this year's theme, Food for Thought, by discussing the importance of healthy eating and the role of the hospitality industry and the government to produce, source, and prepare healthy food.
This year's program boasts a wide array of prominent speakers:
• Ursula Bauer, Director, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
• Jennifer Cabe, Executive Director and Board Member, The Canyon Ranch Institute
• Chuck Conine, Vice President of Human Resources for Restaurants, LYFE Kitchen
• Mitchell Davis, Executive Vice President, The James Beard Foundation
• Maisie Ganzler, Vice President of Strategy, Bon Appétit Management Company
• Jonathan Jarvis, Director, The National Park Service
• Joan McGlockton, Vice President of Food Policy, National Restaurant Association
• Charles Milam, Principal Director for Military Community and Family Policy, Office of the Secretary of State
• Diana Monaco, Public Affairs Specialist, Food and Drug Administration
• Abby Murtagh, Executive Food and Beverage Director, The New York Palace
• Beth Scott, Vice President of Restaurant Concepts, Hilton Worldwide
• Victor Tiffany, Senior Vice President of Hospitality, Seminole Tribe of Florida
• Brian Wansink, John Dyson Applied Chair, Applied Economics and Management Department, Cornell University, Author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
• Lawrence Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, United States Healthful Food Council
It's time that professionals and individuals alike start thinking about what they eat, how they prepare it, where it comes from, and what effect it has on their bodies. The 89th Annual Hotel Ezra Cornell will start the conversation from March 20-23, 2014 at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. To register and find out more, please visit www.hotelezracornell.com.
About Hotel Ezra Cornell
Hotel Ezra Cornell (HEC) is an annual student-run hospitality conference that has been an 89-year tradition at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. The conference attracts hospitality industry leaders and school alumni, faculty, and students to the Cornell campus and the Statler Hotel for a weekend of networking, education, entertainment, and culinary experiences. More information about the HEC organization and conference can be found at www.hotelezracornell.com.
About the Cornell School of Hotel Administration
The Cornell University School of Hotel Administration is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research and industry advancement. The school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field. For more information, visit www.hotelschool.cornell.edu.