Cornell Scholars, Hospitality Executives to Discuss Customer Value at Dean's Leadership Series
A panel of senior hospitality industry executives and scholars will address “Providing Customer Value: How to Survive as a Hospitality Business Today” on Monday, November 9, from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. at InterContinental The Barclay New York. This is the fifth edition of the Cornell School of Hotel Administration Dean’s Leadership Series.
Michael D. Johnson, Dean and E. M. Statler Professor at the School of Hotel Administration, will moderate the discussion. Panelists will be:
• Jeffery H. Boyd, JD ’81, President and CEO, priceline.com
• Paul J. Brown, President, Global Brands and Commercial Services, Hilton Hotels Corporation
• Bill Carroll, PhD, Senior Lecturer, Cornell School of Hotel Administration
• Bill Glenn, President, Global Merchant Services, American Express
• Stephen G. Haggerty ’90, Executive Vice President, Global Hyatt Corporation
• Robert J. McCarthy, ’PA, Group President, the Americas and Global Lodging Services, Marriott International, Inc.
• Rohit Verma, PhD, Executive Director, Center for Hospitality Research, and Professor, Cornell School of Hotel Administration
“This edition of the Dean’s Leadership Series will again tackle an important and timely issue facing our industry,” said Johnson. “Every individual in every hospitality company can do something to improve the value they provide to customers, and we’ve assembled a group of experts that can tell them how to do so.”
Established in November 2007, the Dean’s Leadership Series has addressed such topics as sustainability, real estate capital, and restaurant profitability, and previous editions of the series have attracted up to 200 hospitality executives in New York City, Orlando, and Washington, DC. The series is expanding to Paris in May 2010.
To register for the event, please contact Liz Flint at email@example.com. The price is $50 per person for Cornell alumni and $75 per person for non- alumni, and includes a continental breakfast.
This fifth edition of the series is sponsored by Aegis, Bench Events, Harrah's Entertainment, Inc., Hotel Business, Hotel Dynamics, HotelWorld Network, Hsyndicate, InterContinental The Barclay New York, International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show, JDA Software, MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc.), Parasol, Philips Hospitality, Questex Media Group, Stonebridge Companies, Swisher Hygiene, The Wall Street Journal, and the School of Hotel Administration's Center for Hospitality Research, Center for Real Estate Finance, and Leland C. & Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship.
To participate as a corporate sponsor, please contact Rachel Ash ’99 MBA ’06, manager of corporate and foundation affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Strodel, Jr., director of corporate and foundation affairs, at email@example.com.