- Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations Welcomes New Member Firms
February 08, 2016
Three companies have joined the Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations (CIHLER) as new corporate members, announced David Sherwyn, CIHLER’s academic director and the John a
- Robert Mandelbaum selected as 2016 Cornell Hotel Society president
February 05, 2016
The School of Hotel Administration announces that Robert Mandelbaum is the new president of the Cornell Hotel Society (CHS) for 2016.
- HR in Hospitality, Cornell University to Expose Current Business Climate in Boardrooms Nationwide
January 28, 2016
The HR in Hospitality Conference will offer event attendees a unique opportunity to witness and learn from the strategic and practical discussions now occurring in boardrooms across the country.
- Cornell School of Hotel Administration announces Hospitality Icon and Innovator award honorees
January 26, 2016
The School of Hotel Administration has announced the 2016 award recipients to be honored at the 8th annual Cornell Hospitality Icon and Innovator Awards in New York City on June 7, 2016.
- Hotel Improvisation Boosts Guest Satisfaction, says Cornell Study
January 14, 2016
Hotel Improvisation Boosts Guest Satisfaction, says Cornell Study
- Cornell University Faculty to Present on "Fight for $15," Employee Engagement, Joint Employer Doctrine, and More at HR in Hospitality Conference
January 13, 2016
The tenth annual HR in Hospitality Conference will feature presentations by Cornell University faculty members Rachel Aleks, Kevin Hallock, Harry Katz, David Sherwyn, and J. Bruce Tracey.
- Cornell Study Finds Little Damage to Restaurant Industry from Minimum Wage Boosts...So Far
December 23, 2015
Federal and state minimum wage increases over the past twenty years have not resulted in fewer restaurants or lower employment in the United States, according to an analysis published by the Center fo
- Norwegian Grant Elevates Cornell's International Entrepreneurial Efforts
December 22, 2015
Cornell's already strong efforts to encourage student entrepreneurship will be extended through a grant from Norway's Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU)...
- Cornell Student Entrepreneurs Vie in Hospitality Business Plan Competition
December 15, 2015
Eight student teams will spend this winter working on their business concepts, as part of the annual Hospitality Business Plan Competition sponsored by the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute fo
- $5 million grant boosts diversity and inclusion at Cornell School of Hotel Administration
December 14, 2015
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation has awarded a $5 million grant to the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration in support of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and student financial aid.
- 91st Annual Hotel Ezra Cornell to Discuss Emerging Consumer Trends in Travel, Threat of Cybercrime
December 04, 2015
HEC 91 will host two panels on issues giving rise to "the new normal" in hospitality: evolving consumer behavior resulting in the emergence of new travel trends, and the imminent threat of cybercrime.