For Students | For Faculty and Staff | For Alumni | For Visitors
- Research help from the hospitality and real estate subject specialists, Ken Bolton and Kelly LaVoice, is available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. To make an appointment for a research consultation, please send us an email with your topic and potential availability, or stop by the library.
- Course reserve books and course packets can be checked out at the Nestlé Library's front desk. Course reserve material can be checked out for two hours at a time.
- To reserve one of the group study rooms in the library, stop by or call (607.255.3673) the Nestlé Library's front desk. For more information about the group study rooms, visit the Marriott Student Learning Center page.
- Nestlé librarians have created research guides for researching key segments of the hospitality industry. These hospitality industry guides include direct links to recommended databases, journals, data sources, websites, books, and more.
- To find a list of recommended books and journals for the hospitality and real estate industries, visit our Books and Journals page. Don't forget about Interlibrary Loan for those items that the Cornell library doesn't own.
- Ken and Kelly are also available to assist students with using real estate industry databases, such as CoStar and Real Capital Analytics, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Renew checked-out items or view the status of requested material by vising the My Account page.
For Faculty and Staff
- Nestlé librarians are available for curriculum-based instruction support. If your students need help finding and evaluating academic sources, we are happy to come into your classroom. Don't have a full class to spare? We can design a shorter presentation designed around the needs of your students, from basic research strategies to specific assignment-based instruction.
- Research support is also available for faculty preparing for scholarly publications or conference presentations.
- In some cases, the library is able to purchase resources on demand, whether it is a book, journal, database, or data set. Just use our Recommend A Purchase page to submit your ideas.
- Alumni have access to a digital repository of research from the School of Hotel Administration through the Scholarly Commons. The Scholarly Commons makes available working papers, reports, conference presentations, journal articles, and more. It also includes collections of digital material selected by the reference librarians and archivists, out of a growing concern over the loss of born-digital materials and grey literature and the desire to ensure access to these resources for current and future students, faculty, and researchers.
- Due to licensing restrictions, many of the same databases used by students are not available to alumni. However, the library has negotiated alumni access to an extensive (and growing) list of electronic resources. As a Cornell alumnus, you may access these resources using your Cornell NetID. If you do not have a NetID, the Alumni Affairs website has instructions for requesting one.