17th Annual Labor and Employment Law Roundtable
This year will be the 17th annual offering of the Labor & Employment Law Roundtable, presented by Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations (CIHLER) with support from the Cornell Law School and ILR School. This roundtable presents a forum for industry and academe to address current issues regarding the industry’s labor and employment law. Hosted by roundtable chair and director, David Sherwyn.
Discussion Topics will include:
1. Discrimination 2018: has there been an uptick in Sexual Harassment claims, have employers changed their training and investigation protocols, has the call for diversity led to “reverse discrimination,” and has there been rise in “protected classes.”
2. The proliferation of state laws: are employers destined to having disparate polices throughout the nation;
3. Labor 2018: strikes, new contracts, elections and the future of card-check
4. Immigration - Can unions and management work together?
5. Automation: positive labor relations when technology continues to impact the workforce?
Photos from AM session
Photos from PM session
Statler Ballroom, Ithaca, NY 14853
Event Related Files:
Dave Sherwyn, ILR '86, JD '89
By Invite Only
- All Students
- College of Business Students